Water is a fresh opportunity.
We hope you like what you’ve read on our site – and that you’re interested in embarking on a career with us.
We hold a sponsorship licence and can sponsor international candidates. Our application process has been designed to be as straightforward as possible and, generally speaking, the stages run like this:
- Apply via a short application form, including your CV and a covering letter (our site is fully mobile optimised so you can apply from wherever you happen to be) – if you’re applying for a water park role, which typically run from April to September, it’s useful if you let us know why
- Some roles might also involve a short online assessment
- Shortlisting takes place
- If you’re successful, your interview is scheduled – initially you might have a telephone interview, or it could be a standard face-to-face interview; in some cases we run recruitment days (with an assessment centre-style format, including different exercises)
- (If you’re applying for one of our water park roles, you’ll have a short interview at the water park so you can meet the team and see the idyllic surroundings. It’s crucial that you bring the relevant documentation requested at this stage!)
- Mostly, we run a one-stage interview process but for some roles, you’ll have two interviews
- After that, we’ll either offer you the role or let you know you haven’t been successful
- If you accept our offer, we’ll then carry out pre-employment check screening – this will cover things like your right to work in the UK, references and your driving licence if it’s a requirement (some roles may involve further checks)
- On-boarding happens next – this is when we get paperwork like contracts and new starter forms completed, but it’s also an opportunity for you to learn more about us through your new manager
You start in the job and undergo an induction – this is where you meet your team, undertake any relevant training and discover more about Anglian Water